Terms and Conditions for ticket purchase for South Tynedale Railway
Revised May 2021
All persons riding on South Tynedale Railway (the “Railway”) and at all times whilst on our premises are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Our booking service is offered as a service to you, the customer, by us, South Tynedale Railway Preservation Society registered charity number 514939, company number 01850832 a limited company registered in England and Wales (and also referred to as “we”, “our” or “South Tynedale Railway”), via our website
www.south-tynedale-railway.org.uk) (the “Website”)
- These Terms and Conditions set out the terms of our contract with you in relation to the supply of any ticket that you purchase using the Booking Service. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not use this booking service.
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years old and have authority to use the payment method or billing account details you provide for the purpose of settling any payments due from any purchase made through the Booking Service, or that you owe to us. You also confirm that all information supplied by you in using the Booking Service is accurate and that you will not make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes of address, contact phone number or email address. Our preferred method of contacting you is by email; it is your responsibility to provide a valid email address. Please note the contact phone number should be the number that our staff can contact you by on the day of your visit.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance through the booking service on the website. Walk on tickets may be available on the day or travel but we cannot guarantee this. Tickets are only valid on the date, time and seat allocation shown. It is your responsibility to ensure you have been issued with the correct tickets.
- Tickets will be issued digitally, and you should have means of showing them during your visit when required to do so.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Except in the following circumstances – we are unable to operate the railway due to operational difficulties, extreme weather, or pandemic related restrictions including isolation of either ourselves or you the customer.
- You are required to arrive at your departure station (Alston) no later than15 minutes before your advertised departure. Please check in at our booking office where you will receive your food vouchers. Our platform staff will show you where to collect your food and show you to your seats. You must travel in your allocated seats. Please ensure you are dressed appropriately for the changeable weather conditions in the North Pennies, particularly if you select the open air carriage
- We encourage passengers to wear face coverings on the train, on the platforms and all inside café/retail areas unless eating or drinking.
- If you feel unwell or show symptoms related to Covid-19 please do not visit. You will be entitled to reschedule or refund your ticket.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all services operate as planned. However, we reserve the right, where appropriate, whether for safety reasons, or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to substitute or cancel any service. Whilst we work hard to ensure that steam locomotives will be available on the days advertised, no refunds will be offered if a replacement diesel or electrically charged locomotive has to be used for any reason on the day of visiting the railway.
- Holders of gift vouchers must be booked in advance by telephone to enable tickets to be issued for your journey. They cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives.
- Special Event tickets such as the Tinsel Trains can only be used on the day, time and seat allocation stated. Special Event Tickets are non-refundable except when the event cannot take place
- Dogs are permitted on all timetabled services and in the engineering workshop gallery. They are required to have a ticket for travel. Dogs must be kept on a short lead and under control.
- Bikes cannot be transported on Tinsel Trains.
- We shall not be liable to any passenger for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation or cancellation of any service provided, including but not limited to damage to or loss or property or items belonging to the passenger and any personal injury. Passengers should be aware that steam operated trains can emit hot soot, smoke and particles during operation.
- We only supply the Booking Service for private use. You agree not to use the service for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss or profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Passengers must keep personal belongings with them at all times. We accept no responsibly for the theft of any property or personnel items whilst travelling on our trains or on our premises.
- Clauses in these Terms and Conditions do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:- a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or c) any breath of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Good Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or d) losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability.
- Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets, personnel stereos, including MP3 players and any other electrical equipment, or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other passengers, is not permitted on any service.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult and remain under the supervision of an adult at all times. Children should be seated away from carriage doors and openings where possible.
- All passengers should keep all limbs inside the confines of the carriage. Leaning out or extending arms or legs outside the train during the journey is strictly forbidden and will result in removal from the train at the next available opportunity. Passengers on board carriages with droplight windows must not lean out of the windows or over the carriage side during the journey.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on board the trains and on the platforms.
- Passengers must only board and alight when the train is at a designated stop and when instructed by us.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times during the journey.
- Whilst waiting for trains, passengers should remain on the platforms at all times and only cross the railway tracks at designated crossing points.
- Passengers are required to maintain and observe social distancing measures at all times from all other passengers who are not part of their group.
- We reserve the right, without refund and, where appropriate, to refuse entry onto or remove from the train or platform any person who, in our opinion a)is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other passengers by their conduct; or b) has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; or c) is likely to endanger themselves, the train, the staff or any other passenger.
- All passengers must comply with all relevant statutes, current COVID 19 legislation as laid out by Government law, safety announcements, instructions given by our staff and the regulations in force at the time whilst travelling on the railway.
- Breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable us to refuse to carry you as a passenger or will result in your removal from the train at the next available opportunity.
- We will only use the personal information you provide us with to enable us to provide the service.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Law