Terms and Conditions for On-line Ticket Sales
- The eVoucher is solely a booking confirmation and is not valid for travel on trains. The eVoucher should be presented in the shop at Alston station along with the debit / credit card used to make the booking to be exchanged for tickets prior to travel.
- Failure to produce the eVoucher and the debit / credit card used for booking will result in the tickets being forfeited and new tickets for travel will need to be purchased. The eVoucher booking cannot be cancelled once booked.
- In order to facilitate the validation process, on checkout, the ticket booking system will store the cardholder name and the last four digits of the debit / credit card number. This information is covered by the Data Protection registration of South Tynedale Railway Ltd. Additionally, for those choosing to make the optional Gift Aid donation during the checkout process address and post code details will also be stored for Gift Aid purposes.
- Full debit / credit card details entered during the checkout phase will be passed using a secure network link to our Payment Service Provider, FDMS, for verification and processing. FDMS are PCI DSS Level 1 compliant and are fully integrated with the 3D secure services “Verified by Visa” and “Mastercard SecureCode”.
- The eVoucher is valid for tickets only on the day specified and only for the given train departure time. In the event of missing the specified train, seats may be made available on a later departure, on the same day, subject to availability at the discretion of South Tynedale Railway.
- The eVoucher is valid for redemption once on the date specified and is not transferrable or refundable.
- Whilst the South Tynedale Railway works hard to ensure that steam locomotives will be available on the days advertised no refunds will be offered if a replacement diesel locomotive has to be used for any reason on the day of visiting the railway.
- In the event of the eVoucher not being presented on the date specified (see specified refund reasons) refunds can be applied for in writing to: eVoucher Refunds, South Tynedale Railway, The Railway Station, Alston, Cumbria, CA9 3JB or by email to email@example.com and should include the eVoucher reference number, cardholder name and last four digits of the debit / credit card used.
- Specified refund reason is only that the service cannot run due to weather conditions or other cancellation by South Tynedale Railway Ltd. Ticket holders unable to get to attend for their booked date and time cannot claim a refund if the service runs.