Our Assistant Treasurer wears many hats and would dearly love to be able to make that ‘assistant’ part of his title, actually mean something.
If you are a qualified accountant and would like to look into becoming the Society’s volunteer treasurer, then we would be delighted to meet with you.
Please email in the first instance h.palmer@south-Tynedale-railway.org.uk
Part Time Catering Assistants
Catering Assistant – Part Time x 2 working across 7 days a week
We are currently looking for 2 part-time Catering Assistants to join our team
Reporting to: Commercial Supervisor
Overall purpose: To Carry out kitchen work in a pleasant and professional manner, to the required standard, as directed by the commercial supervisor.
- prepare hot and cold food including daily specials for our customers, along with general kitchen duties, stock and wastage control. You should be well organised, and have excellent food hygiene and presentation standards along with cooking skills.
- prepare buffet lunch for meetings, and help with catering for event days.
- making homemade cakes and scones.
- The workload varies but can be very busy so you will need to be organised and expected to work quickly and produce a high quality so everything is finished on time and to a high standard
- To carry out washing up and cleaning in the kitchen, servery and dining areas as required.
- Preparation of servery counters and dining areas for service.
- To serve customers in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Operating a till.
- To carry out all tasks with due regard to the contract specification and all legislation including Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Personal Hygiene.
- Report all accidents and dangerous occurrences to your Manager.
- To ensure correct materials, equipment and methods are used at all times and equipment is kept clean and in good working order. Report faulty machinery / equipment immediately.
- Wear uniform at work and ensure that it is clean and presentable as all times.
- To attend training as required by your Manager.
- Be punctual for start and finish times
- To ensure that efficient and economic use is made of all resources.
- Work effectively during contracted hours and be willing to be flexible and work overtime as the job demands
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by line manager
Skills and Knowledge
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate would be desirable but can be completed on commencement.
Previous experience in a similar environment is desirable however we are willing to train the right person.
Please contact Shirley on 01434 338214 or you can email Shirley at email@example.com