The South Tynedale Railway are pleased to announce their inaugural Great Charity Dog Walk. Leaving Alston station at 10.30am with the aim of walking the length of the track to Lintley Halt. There will be lots going on throughout the day including stalls from; Hi-Pennine Outdoors, Nadine Sutterby Art, Perfect Paws Dog Agility, Out of Step Canine Massage and Pennine Paws Dog Grooming, a wealth of activities for dog lovers and dogs alike!
The event is hoping to raise money for local dog rescue, Morgan’s Dog Rescue, based here on Alston Moor and providing protection for dogs that have not had the best start to life. As dog lovers here at the railway we feel that this is a very worthy cause and do hope that you will get involved to raise as much money as possible for this hard working and much loved local charity.
If you would like to raise sponsor money for taking part, please download the Sponsor form, all monies to be handed to South Tynedale Railway who will then present the proceeds to Morgan’s Dog Rescue.
Thanks to Old Stone Vets for their sponsorship.
- This is a ‘free to walk’ event but any sponsorship/donations will be greatly received by our local charity ‘Morgan’s Animal Rescue’.
- Walk starts from Alston Station at 10.30am, walkers can arrive any time from 10.00am.
- The walk is from Alston to Lintley Halt (approx 3.5miles).
- Walkers can either walk the return journey from/to Alston, or they can get the train back. Alternatively, walkers can get the train to Lintley Halt and walk back.
- Dogs ride the train free with any fare paying human!
- There will be stewards along the walk with extra poop bags and to assist with any queries.
- There will be water bowls at Lintley Halt for the dogs to get refreshed.
- There will be a number of activities at Alston station throughout the day:
- Morgan’s Animal Rescue
- Nadine Sutterby Animal Artist
- Pennine Paws Dog Grooming
- Perfect Paws Training and Agility
- Out of Step Canine Massage
- Hi Pennine Outdoors
- Dog refreshment tent with treats sponsored by the South Tynedale Railway and waterbowls, sponsored by Old Stone Vets
- Human refreshments available from our newly opened ‘Crossing Café’
- Souvenirs available from our gift shop
- All dogs will receive a rosette for participating (sponsored by South Tynedale Railway)